Joint Master Degree Programmes
An EMJMD is a high-level integrated international study programme of 60, 90 or 120 ECTS credits, delivered by an international consortium of HEIs from different countries and, where relevant, other educational and/or non-educational partners with specific expertise and interest in the study areas/professional domains covered by the joint programme. Their specificity lies in the high degree of jointness/integration and the excellent academic content and methodology they offer. There is no limitation in terms of discipline.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) aim to:
- Foster quality improvements, innovation, excellence and internationalisation in higher education institutions (HEI);
- Increase the quality and the attractiveness of the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) and supporting the EU's external action in the higher education field, by offering full degree scholarships to the best Master students worldwide;
- Improve the level of competences and skills of Master graduates, and in particular the relevance of the Joint Masters for the labour market, through an increased involvement of employers.
The list of joint programmes funded under Erasmus+ can be found here.
The EMJMD catalogue will advertise all the joint Master programmes offering Erasmus+ scholarships for the next academic year. The catalogue will allow potential students to select the EMJMDs of their choice and to apply for an Erasmus+ scholarship directly to the consortia concerned.
The EMJMD student scholarships (1000 euro per month) will include student participation costs (including the tuition fees, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to student participation in the course), a contribution to student travel and installation cost and a subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the EMJMD study programme.
Georgia's Participation in JMD programmes
We are proud with the number of successful applications and interest towards Erasmus+ Joint Master Degree (JMD) programmes. The programme is open to bachelor degree holders from all over the world. Despite the strong competition, the number and quality of applications from our country is prominent. Georgia is among top 20 countries, after large countries such as United States of America, Brazil and India, with the amount of successful applications.
40 Georgian students have been selected for the JMD scholarships in 2019
Currently six Georgian HEIs are involved as associate and full partners in six Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree programmes:
- Ilia State University is full partner in JMD Central and East European, Russian and Eurasian Studies
- Tbilisi State University of Movie and Thatre is associate partner in JMD Docnomads+ Documentary Filmdirecting
- Tbilisi State University and Ilia State University are associate partners in JMD European Politics and Society: Vaclav Havel Joint Master Programme
- Tbilisi State University and GIPA are associate partners in JMD European Master in Migration and Intercultural Relations
- Caucasus University is associate partner in JMD Tourism Development and Culture
- Caucasus International University is associate partner in JMD International Master on Wine Tourism Innovation